But why use a frozen bag of corn when you can make several of your own home made gel packs using the instructions below? They will always be ready when you need them and will save you money!
1. Fill the plastic freezer bag with 1 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 cups of water.
2. Add food colouring of your choice (Optional)
3. Seal bag and gently squeeze/manipulate to mix contents well.
4. Open carefully and try to get as much air out of the freezer bag before sealing it shut.
5. Place the bag and its contents inside a second freezer bag to contain any leakage.
6. Leave the bag in the freezer for at least an hour.
7. Cover them in a soft tea or hand towel as direct application can be uncomfortable or even freezer burn skin.
These DIY gel packs will get cold but will never hard. They remain flexible so that you can bend or manipulate it to apply next to affected area on the body. Every household should have these packs on hand for emergencies or when you just need some cold therapy to sooth tired and aching muscles.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share this handy tip with someone who’ll appreciate it as much as we did!
The Your Smile Dental Care team